Adam is a solicitor in the Dispute Resolution department and works on a wide range of cases including contractual disputes, property disputes and contentious insolvency matters. He undertakes work for both claimants and defendants.
Adam thrives on the analytical nature of dispute resolution; in particular, taking complex factual disputes and providing clients with a clear litigation strategy. He routinely undertakes work in the Business & Property Courts and regularly advises clients on contractual disputes and actions under both the Companies Act 2006 and the Partnership Act 1890. Adam has experience of alternative dispute resolution including negotiations and mediation.
Adam previously worked in-house for a FTSE 250 construction company as well as other regional law firms. Adam has sat as a Governor at Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital’s NHS Foundation Trust and has lots of experience of acting for individuals including shareholders and directors, GP practices, surveyors, NHS Foundation Trusts and landowners.
Adam writes for the Company Lawyer Journal and the Construction Law Journal.
- Contractual disputes including claims for breach of contract and misrepresentation.
- Claims for breach of confidence.
- Advising on a partnership dispute.
- Preparing and acting on petitions for unfair prejudice under the Companies Act 2006.
- Advising on joint and several guarantee disputes.
- Advising on nuisance claims and boundary disputes.