Adam is a Solicitor Advocate in the Debt Recovery Department and deals with the departments contested work. This covers a wide range of disputes which are primarily focused on contract related matters and general commercial litigation matters.
As a Solicitor Advocate, Adam is one of a limited number of solicitors who is able to represent clients before the High Court, Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court. He is a highly regarded advocate who is well versed at building a comprehensive litigation strategy to resolve disputes.
Adam is a former company secretary for Newcastle Cricket Club and a former Governor at the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He regularly contributes articles to the Company Lawyer Journal and the Construction Law Journal on developments in company law and contract law. He is the author of the Law Society’s Litigation Handbook (First Edition, 2021) and The Doctrine of Good Faith in Commercial Contracts: A Practitioner’s Guide.
- Contractual disputes including claims for breach of contract
- Claims for breach of confidence
- Advising on a partnership dispute
- Preparing and acting on petitions for unfair prejudice under the Companies Act 2006
- Advising on joint and several guarantee disputes
- Advising on nuisance claims, boundary disputes and challenges to planning disputes