Oliver’s practice covers corporate and commercial law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, management buyouts, reorganisations, joint ventures, private equity investments and commercial agreements.
Prior to joining St James’ Square, Oliver worked at a leading international law firm in the City of London, including time spent working in its Bangkok office, and also worked at another corporate law firm in Newcastle.
He has multi-sector experience and advises a wide range of corporate clients. Transactional experience includes advising:
- SMT Holding SA on its acquisition through a new UK subsidiary, Services Machinery & Trucks Ltd, of Volvo Construction Equipment’s GB dealership;
- Singapore-based RCMA Group on its agreement to sell its rubber trading and distribution business in Europe, the United States, Singapore and Thailand to SGX-listed Halcyon Agri Corporation Ltd;
- Frasers Hospitality UK Holdings Limited on the acquisition of Malmaison Hotel du Vin hotel group from private equity firm KSL Capital Partners, LLC, for a consideration of £363.4m;
- On the sale of a national chemical company by way of a management buyout;
- CSL Group Inc. on its acquisition of 50% of Eureka Shipping Ltd;
- On the sale of a local insurance company;
- A leading global container shipping company on corporate due diligence matters for 35 port terminals across 22 countries;
- Oaktree Capital Management on due diligence and negotiating the acquisition of shares in Torm A/S in connection with the restructuring of Torm’s equity and debt;
- MEAG MUNICH ERGO Asset Management on its acquisition of three UK PV projects with a total capacity of up to 28 MW; and
- A London-based developer and operator of hotels on a corporate reorganisation and the creation of a long term incentive plan.